cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to configure Thingworx AMU alarm to not trigger when a machine is manually shut down?

VP_10583937
4-Participant

How to configure Thingworx AMU alarm to not trigger when a machine is manually shut down?

How to configure Thingworx AMU alarm to not trigger when machine is manually shut down and value (ie. voltage) becomes 0 as expected? Kepware is being used in this case as well if relevant.

1 REPLY 1

Hi VP

Sorry I just noticed this has not been answered here. However, I know that your team has been in contact with PTC's support & other teams to get this solved and the last update to the ticket says there's still at least 1 pending issue with the solution.

As mentioned in the ticket, this isn't officially supported but we have raised the request to the software team to add this functionality. In the meantime it seems like the temporary solution has been : 
"
There may be a workaround, …. It would be to add properties (not attributes) on the equipment in Composer that receive the tag values, then on the attribute's property they remove the link to the tag, and they make a subscription so when their tagged property receives the value then it copies the value in the non-tagged property's valuestream under the condition that the machine is running.
"
And I do think it's probably the easiest way to implement this in the current version of the software, I expect this should work.

Do you need further help on this?

Top Tags