cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to create a responsive widget?

einsfele
13-Aquamarine

How to create a responsive widget?

Hi all.

Currently I am working with a new responsive (advanced) mashup because I want to create a responsive dashboard. 

In this case, I have two monitors. One with the resolution 1920 x 1080 (20") and other is the notebook with the resolution 1366 x 768 (14").

However, there are widget that does not responsive, so I need put on in front the widget panel and when I to run the mashup and change the monitor the widgets (that does not responsive) widgets don't look right on screen.

I am going to let the mashup's print below to facilitate understanding.

My question is: Is possible to create widgets responsives? If yes, how?

1920x1080.JPG1366x168.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@einsfele 

If you wish to make the gauge responsive, you would need to create your own widget using the original as a starting point.  Here's another community post that may be helpful.

Here's a link to a guide for creating your own extension.

If this resolves your issue, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

thanks,

Vibhuti

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
trungbui
4-Participant
(To:einsfele)

Hello,

Can you do a sketch of what you expect it to look like?

/ Constantine

einsfele
13-Aquamarine
(To:Constantine)

Hi @Constantine 

For example:

I am using a "progressive gauge" but this widget is static.

Is there any way that I can make it responsive?

Most of the widgets (including standard Gauge) resize automatically when you put them inside responsive containers.

Can you draw a simple mockup, please? It will make it easier to understand what exactly you want to achieve.

/ Constantine

einsfele
13-Aquamarine
(To:Constantine)

Hi @Constantine 

I used in example four Gauges and four Progressives Gauges.

The Gauges are responsives, so it resize.

But the Progressives Gauges are not responsives, it keeping static. I wanna use the Progressive Gauges. What I want to know is: Can I do Progressive Gauges be responsives?

Image below:

mkt.JPG

@einsfele 

If you wish to make the gauge responsive, you would need to create your own widget using the original as a starting point.  Here's another community post that may be helpful.

Here's a link to a guide for creating your own extension.

If this resolves your issue, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

thanks,

Vibhuti

einsfele
13-Aquamarine
(To:vangne)

Hi @vangne 

It has helped me! Thank you

@einsfele  Thanks for letting us know. Please indicate the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of other Community members who have the same question.

Thanks,

Vibhuti

Top Tags