cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to monitor users' time spent on ThingWorx

PP_10477715
7-Bedrock

How to monitor users' time spent on ThingWorx

Hi ,

I am working on the same use case and found that we have session expired event that is fired even the browser tab is closed,

but here is also one problem that is  how we can update the logout time when we have multiple session for one user.

Considering the user access the application multiple time and sometimes he left the browser idle and re-login in other browser.

I have one thing that is we can keep multiple entries of user login and logout in infotable  but when the browser is idle then on what basis we can update logout time as we have multiple active  session.

do we have session id for each session , then surely we can updated basis on that ?

please let us know.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:PP_10477715)

Is it important to get actual time usage of a user per session? Else if you are tracking 'usage' generic, it might be better to track invoked services or mashups opened.

A very difficult approach but feasible, would be to pull Active Sessions and stitch it together from there.

Top Tags