cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to select a cell on the grid and copy the contents to paste to another App

DEV,YIDE,yoshi
6-Contributor

How to select a cell on the grid and copy the contents to paste to another App

Hi, All

Now I'm working on Thingworx9.2.0.

[Need your help]

On Grid or AdvanceGrid, I want to copy a selected cell to the clipboard, like in Excel.

This means that I do not want to edit a cell, only reference to prevent incorrect entry in cell manipulation,

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DEV,YIDE,yoshi.

We tested using the Advanced Grid under ThingWorx 9.4 and the copy/paste worked successfully.  When copying multiple cells, the paste retained the column formatting.  When testing the newer Grid widget, the contents of a cell was also pasted successfully, but when copying multiple cells, the paste did not retain the column formatting.

Are you having an issue?  If so, what is happening? 

Note that ThingWorx 9.2 is no longer supported, so if there is an issue in that release, we won't be able to provide a fix.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @DEV,YIDE,yoshi.

We tested using the Advanced Grid under ThingWorx 9.4 and the copy/paste worked successfully.  When copying multiple cells, the paste retained the column formatting.  When testing the newer Grid widget, the contents of a cell was also pasted successfully, but when copying multiple cells, the paste did not retain the column formatting.

Are you having an issue?  If so, what is happening? 

Note that ThingWorx 9.2 is no longer supported, so if there is an issue in that release, we won't be able to provide a fix.

Regards.

--Sharon

Tomellache2B
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Is this also possible on a chart widget?

I want to click on a point and get the contents of tooltip to copy to my clipboard.

Regards,

Top Tags