cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Installed the extension in ThingWorx and tried to execute the services but it errors out.

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

Installed the extension in ThingWorx and tried to execute the services but it errors out.

Hi  @VladimirRosu,

I installed the extension in ThingWorx (version- 9.3.1) which is available under Build section from the github link you shared (in topic) and tried to execute the services -

GetLastMessages, SendMessage with the following configuration:

Sruthi_0-1707284376955.png
but the result is, ErrorCode(6bbd1442-4b7b-4b88-ab6b-125feb8812e2), Cause(null), Reason(Access was attempted on a null reference variable.), Possible Resolutions(Remove the reference to the null variable within your extension code. 
Note: ActiveMQ is up and running

Can I get any help to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As for any other open source third party extension, you would need to effectively debug it on your end, especially since it's an extension that it is very old, as I mentioned in the other post, not supported by anyone.

Assuming you are familiar with Extension development, if I would be to guess, most certainly you need to rebuild it with the ThingWorx Extension SDK 9.x (and when doing that, you'll be forced to modify the lifecycle method signatures to  include the new ContextType parameter, otherwise it won't compile with the new SDK).

In case it's needed, you can debug it by following the steps in this article (you will need a local development environment, as passing those Java args is not doable in a PTC Cloud hosted environment due to security reasons).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

As for any other open source third party extension, you would need to effectively debug it on your end, especially since it's an extension that it is very old, as I mentioned in the other post, not supported by anyone.

Assuming you are familiar with Extension development, if I would be to guess, most certainly you need to rebuild it with the ThingWorx Extension SDK 9.x (and when doing that, you'll be forced to modify the lifecycle method signatures to  include the new ContextType parameter, otherwise it won't compile with the new SDK).

In case it's needed, you can debug it by following the steps in this article (you will need a local development environment, as passing those Java args is not doable in a PTC Cloud hosted environment due to security reasons).

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirRosu)

Thanks for the guidance. I will debug it and build with the latest SDK.

Top Tags