cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

IoT gallery video downloadable ?

AF_9440574
4-Participant

IoT gallery video downloadable ?

Hello,

I was wondering if the thingworx project from the iot gallery were downloadable.

For example, this one: https://iot.gallery.video/detail/videos/thingworx-for-manufacturing/video/6256448383001/scp-accelerator-overview-demo-video

Does anyone know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The ThingWorx source code for those apps is available to PTC partners for download, but through another website.

Do note that even if you are a PTC Partner, those apps were built in ThingWorx 8.4.1, which is a very old ThingWorx version.

The platform highly evolved since then, and I'm pretty sure that all of the ways we implemented nice UI in there is no longer applicable in ThingWorx 9.2/9.3, since we added lots of new features in the platform that usually required workarounds in the past.

I'm focusing on UI in my reply because really that was the only thing you could use as inspiration for your apps. The rest, the Thing Model, backend logic etc were not at all intended to serve as an example.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

When I access that link I have a small "Download Video" button just below the video area.

Is that button not shown in your case?

Yes I can see this button.
However, I meant being able to import this project in my own thingworx to analyze it

The ThingWorx source code for those apps is available to PTC partners for download, but through another website.

Do note that even if you are a PTC Partner, those apps were built in ThingWorx 8.4.1, which is a very old ThingWorx version.

The platform highly evolved since then, and I'm pretty sure that all of the ways we implemented nice UI in there is no longer applicable in ThingWorx 9.2/9.3, since we added lots of new features in the platform that usually required workarounds in the past.

I'm focusing on UI in my reply because really that was the only thing you could use as inspiration for your apps. The rest, the Thing Model, backend logic etc were not at all intended to serve as an example.

Top Tags