cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Issue with button tooltip

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite

Issue with button tooltip

Hi all,

I am using a button to refresh my mashup and I want to set a tooltip on the button saying "Refresh Now". Now there are 2 issues that I am facing,

1. In the tooltip field if I write "Refresh Now" it is not considering and shows nothing, but if I write " Refresh Now" it considers. Why do I have to give space before Refresh Now?

2. The above point works only for 1 time, after adding the tooltip field, reload the composer the tooltip goes missing. 

Also, I tried to add a tooltip from the service, but it didn't work for me.

Please suggest how I can achieve my requirement.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

@MM_9023322, 
There have been various issues with the tool tip. What version of ThingWorx are you using and I will see if there is a known issue and what can be done to work around any known issues. In the version I have on my desktop it seems to be fine ThingWorx 9.2.6

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite
(To:PEHOWE)

Hi @PEHOWE , I am using 9.3.0 Thingworx version. Please do let me know if you find any appropriate solution.

Thank you!

Hello @MM_9023322, I have looked at The Button Widget in ThingWorx 9.3.0 and am not seeing the issue. Have you looked at the  Mashup debug information? At the top of a mashup opened from ThingWorx Composer is a tool bar.

If the tool bar is not visible it can be displayed with ctrl-alt-F9, Are there any error message being displayed?

I believe the property "TooltipField" is what you are updating. What other properties have you configured on the button? 

Is this a new Button widget or a legacy Button Widget? Was it auto converted?

Top Tags