cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mashup stops showing in browser

Egor.Litvinov
7-Bedrock

Mashup stops showing in browser

Good afternoon! The mashup needs to be displayed at all times. But with a frequency of 1 week, it steadily stops displaying data or a page with an error opens. It would be possible to configure the update of the tab itself (f5), but in this case, the selected item in the drop-down list would have to be manually selected again.
How can I analyze the error and try to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Egor,

I advised to remove widgets in the duplicated version in fact, so that you can diagnose which one triggers this issue.

It's the classic approach "split a complex problem in smaller items until you realize which one triggers that".

Under https://support.ptc.com you'll have this link:

VladimirRosu_0-1662478942487.png

Do you have an active subscription with PTC (that includes a support contract)?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Egor,

Can you help us understand what is the error that displayed in the screenshot? This forum is mainly used by English speakers, and even if I can read the cyrillik alphabet, that's the limit of my knowledge, I don't understand what that means.

There could be a situation where the Mashup runtime has a memory leak in one of the widgets or third party libraries.

There have been some fixes in some ThingWorx versions about this (you can search the Help Center for "memory leak").

In such situations the solution would be to upgrade to the most recent release of the Platform.

I am not very sure that this is the situation in your case, but based on the word "stop" that I was able to read, I thought it's a client issue triggered by such an issue.

This is most likely the situation you are describing. At the moment I'm using version 9.3.2. What other recommendations can there be besides updating the platform?

I can't think of anything I would recommend besides that, but since you mentioned 9.3.2 which is relatively recent, and since in the follow-up versions I did not see mentions of a release note regarding fixing widget leaks (very rare anyway), I would suggest opening a support ticket to diagnose this properly.

In terms of diagnose I would recommend duplicating the mashup then adding a manual "Update" button that you can use to quickly simulate the AutoRefresh you have now in the page. I would start removing components from the page until I identify the one that displays the leak.

I have widgets on the mashup that are updated every second - this is a must. Removing widgets is not an option for me. Maybe there are some "crutch" options? 
Oh yeah, where can I leave a ticket?

Hi Egor,

I advised to remove widgets in the duplicated version in fact, so that you can diagnose which one triggers this issue.

It's the classic approach "split a complex problem in smaller items until you realize which one triggers that".

Under https://support.ptc.com you'll have this link:

VladimirRosu_0-1662478942487.png

Do you have an active subscription with PTC (that includes a support contract)?

Top Tags