cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Passing n number values from collection to mainmashup.

AP_10343008
12-Amethyst

Passing n number values from collection to mainmashup.

Iam generating n number of text boxes in collection based on the user input. 

If user provided value 10 in main mashup, 10 textboxes will be created in collection. 

Once User entered values in all 10 textboxes, the requirement is to collect all 10 values in main mashup in form of 10 rows in infotable. 

How to achieve this?

Tried Methods:

I tried with global mashup parameters, the first value is repeatedly replacing with next consecutive values while fetching in main mashup.

When I tried saving values in UserExtension properties from childmashup, some of the values are missing when service tried to update n number of rows at same time. 
Both these methods doesnt worked.

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_10343008)

I think you can send the updated value into an infotable each time a value is filled in.

You'll need to have some 'index' in the original infotable you create for your collection so you know what location in the infotable to update

So:

User creates 5 boxes, create infotable with index 0-4 (or 1-5) and additional column for values.

Create Collection of 5 boxes

User enters value into box and moves to another box, this triggers an update service, taking index and filled in value to update infotable

User clicks button at the end, which then uses full table to move on to next step

It might be possible with a mashup parameter of type infotable as well, looks like you tried it and it didn't work?

Infotable itself may have to be maintained on a Thing/User extension

Top Tags