cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Thingworx datatable limitations query. Connecting thingworx with external MS SQL Database method?

Jamal8548
11-Garnet

Thingworx datatable limitations query. Connecting thingworx with external MS SQL Database method?

I am thinking  to connect my thingworx with MS SQL database. Would anyone please share with me some insights/knowledge about it. It would be great if  someone would also share some knowledge if someone has already done this task and either it is usefull to do that all work.

REQUIRMENT: Currently we are using datatables within Thingworx but because of limitations of the datatables i would like to connect the external database and use it. Currently i have 5 datatables with each datatable having 100K rows and i am showing on the mashup only latest 100 entries for each datatable becasue i am storing it in latestentrydatatable the primary key of the entries which maintains only latest 100 entries primarykeys and then it is easy for me quickly fetch them and show on the thingworx mashup.

but now the new requirement came that they want search feature in the mashup and for that they asked us to search on 4 or 5 fields and thats why i also have to do indexing to achieve this goal. I am thinking to connect with MS SQL server database and then use it for such cause. what do you think in this regard the best solution.? Datatables are quite handy and good if the entries are less and not more then 100K. but for such a case where we have a lot of entries we need search feature but keeping consideration for the performance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
1 REPLY 1

Top Tags