cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thingworx tomcat not starting after the system update in Production Environment,

BharathB
8-Gravel

Thingworx tomcat not starting after the system update in Production Environment,

Hi,

Thingworx was working fine till now and after a system update the tomcat is not starting and I have found an error in tomcat logs during tomcat service startup which is mentioned below.

Jan 17, 2024 4:45:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
Jan 17, 2024 4:45:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class [com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxBootstrapper]

I have also attached the application log and tomcat log along with this question.

Someone kindly help me to resolve this.

Thingworx version: 9.3.5-b1258

Java version:  jdk-11.0.16.1

DB: PostgreSQL 15

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Surya_Tiwari
13-Aquamarine
(To:BharathB)

Hi @BharathB 

Properties getting loaded into memory that is causing a stack overflow error. kindly open a case as we'll need to evaluate the property_vtq table and clean up select properties, large infotables should not be stored as persisted properties.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Surya_Tiwari
13-Aquamarine

Hi @BharathB 

Thanks for sharing logs, kindly check the below location and let me know the theworx-platform-common-9.3.5-b1258.jar jar file is found in your instance.

file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/ThingWorxFoundation/tomcat/current/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/lib/thingworx-platform-common-9.3.5-b1258.jar) 

Hi @Surya_Tiwari 

Yeah its there in the folder

image (20).png

Surya_Tiwari
13-Aquamarine

Hi @BharathB 

Properties getting loaded into memory that is causing a stack overflow error. kindly open a case as we'll need to evaluate the property_vtq table and clean up select properties, large infotables should not be stored as persisted properties.

Hi @BharathB 

I have seen you have opened a case, thanks for this, we will provide support on it, kindly mark it as completed.

Hi @BharathB 

We have already resolved this issue at the meeting in your opened case, kindly mark it as the solution.

Thanks,

Surya

Top Tags