cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to disable Vertical Scrollbar for the collection Widget in a mashup

Arjun9999
7-Bedrock

Unable to disable Vertical Scrollbar for the collection Widget in a mashup

When using a collection widget within a mashup, as the data used for collection widget is more so the page is getting vertical scroll bar within the collection widget area. I want to disable the vertical scrollbar and instead scroll the page. This can be seen as: 

AA_9333878_2-1690980711841.png

In the container (where the collection widget is placed under), the "Container Scrolling -> vertical" is Disabled and can't be edited. And similarly in Container properties "EnableExpandCollapse" property seems to be un-editable, as seen in the below screenshot. 

AA_9333878_1-1690980613052.png

In one of the community post, this issue was addressed / fixed in ThingWorx v9.3. However, though I'm using ThingWorx v9.3.5, I'm not able to fix this, please let me know I'm missing out anything. 

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

Container's Expand Collapse can be editable only when they are unlocked on the Explorer Tab, and I am not sure precisely what pattern it is. Try Adding the container's different sides. You will see the  ExpandCollapse editable in the Properties of the container.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

@pshashipreetham - The issue is not with the "ExpandCollapse" property, but with Collection mashup. 

The data that is being passed to the Collection widget, when viewed, the data rows are more than the height of the container area. And so, the container area gets scrolled instead of the entire page. This functionality creates an issue while taking a print i.e., with container being scrolled, the print page trims the rows in the lower section. 

If we do not have container area scrolling, and instead having the page to scroll, will enable us to take a print with all the rows (in multiple pages) 

Hi @Arjun9999 ,

Understood, as of now, there is no solution to this as of now, since I am facing the same issue but with the GRID.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Arjun9999)

Hi @Arjun9999.

You can submit this as an improvement in the ThingWorx ideas forum.  That will allow others to vote for it, which will improve the possibility that it will be approved for a future release.

Regards.

--Sharon

"Suggest an Idea" button in the ThingWorx Ideas forum is disabled for me. Is there any limitation on the page access ? 

Please let me know. 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Arjun9999)

Hi @Arjun9999.

There are a few conditions that have to be met to ensure the scrolling works as expected.  Check this page from the Help Center for details.  Have you configured a fix width and height for the grid or is it responsive?

In regard to the fact that you aren't able to submit an Idea, your community membership must have been established with an account that does not have access to the PTC support site, or you don't currently have a support agreement.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley you are referring to the article which mentions about the "Container" scrolling. In my case, the issue is with scrollbar in the Collection widget. 

It's not that weird what is happening. You have a fixed size for the collection cells so it will create a scroll within.

Collection cells don't affect the container that the widget is in. Cells are positioned absolute and they "recycle" and reused as you scroll for cases where there are a lot of rows and having all that DOM in the browser would cause low performance.

It can be done, but not with OOTB. You might want to check out BMCoreUI widgets which is open source widget pack and has a more advanced Collection View widget and a TypeScript widget with which you can alter the layout of the Collection View cells. And it can't be easily done.

Top Tags