cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Web Frame widget

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine

Web Frame widget

Hi,

We are trying to use URL property of a web frame dynamically. We have binded the URL property with our service output. But the frame doesn't open/load the URL.

If I keep the URL property as hardcoded string instead of binding it to service opens up the URL. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arun_C
16-Pearl
(To:jensc)

HI @VR_10133499 ,

As per your image of framebinding, You have binded the service Result - Output from SelectedRows to WebFrame - URL Property.

Can you please try to change with All Data > Result - Output and check it once?

Arun_C_0-1692693735158.png

Arun_C_1-1692693908352.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @VR_10133499 ,

Have you checked the service execution events and please let me know in which Thingworx Version you were facing this issue?

Thanks & regards,

Arun C

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine
(To:Arun_C)

We are currently on 9.3.9-b1648.

what i am trying to acheive:-

I have 2 buttons, button1 and button2 and a webframe.

On click of button1 I want to load abc.com on webframe and on click of button2, I want to open xyz.com. 

So on click of button1 or button2 i trigger a service which returns either abc.com or xyz.com based on button click.

problem:- if i hardcode URL in webframe widget instead of binding it, it opens the page. but if i bind it with the services, the page does come in webframe. I have checked output of the service which is correct.

It should works! Can you please print the service the URL string output in mashup level with help of textarea and then check the same correct URL are passing to web frame widget as hardcode?

Parallely I will try to replicate the same in my server and will get back to you on this.

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine

I have tried it already. and after printing i am using the same url when trying to hardcode. so that means URL is correct.

I have attached the screenshots of the binding and service. could you also share your objects so that i can get some idea why its not working for me.

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:VR_10133499)

Hello @VR_10133499 ,

Not sure if this will help or not but you could try setting your output from your service to a hyperlink instead of string.

Perhaps it could be that there is some issue with type conversions.

Otherwise my suggestion would have been the same as @Arun_C, but instead of using a text field, create an expression with your URL as input.

But as you had already checked it with the text field, my assumption is that it does actually work.

Regards,

Jens

Arun_C
16-Pearl
(To:jensc)

HI @VR_10133499 ,

As per your image of framebinding, You have binded the service Result - Output from SelectedRows to WebFrame - URL Property.

Can you please try to change with All Data > Result - Output and check it once?

Arun_C_0-1692693735158.png

Arun_C_1-1692693908352.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine

Changing the binding from selectedRows to results did work.

But i am not clear when to use result and when to use selectedRows. i had an impression that i can bind either of them and it would be same result.

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:VR_10133499)

Hello,

The regular "All Data" binding is used to populate data from a service into a widget before anything has been selected.

SelectedRows binding is used when you have bound the data from a service to a widget like a dropdown or grid. 

Then when you select something in those widgets, you will end up with data in the services "SelectedRows" binding.

Hope this clarifies the differences.

Regards,

Jens

Top Tags