cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Changing IP address of Thingworx Server

newieKek
13-Aquamarine

Changing IP address of Thingworx Server

Hi All,

Hope to seek advice.

i need to modify the IP address of the Thingworx server due to change of Network architecture. 

I read the article to modify the json files.

Can i know which json files i should modify  for the Thingworx and Vurforia. 

Hope you can advise.

Thank you

Newbie Kek

4 REPLIES 4

Take a look:

newieKek
13-Aquamarine
(To:VladimirN)

Sir, 

I changed the IP address, and update my license. but the tomcat services cannot start up. It automatically stop. 

and my license_capability_response.bin  do no show any changes. ( it does not show ignore or successful).

Not sure which part when wrong.... License or IP address... 

and one experience the same...?

Newbie Kek

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:newieKek)

Hi @newieKek.

Are you still experiencing problems.  If so, I recommend opening a case to get the guidance you need.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:newieKek)

Hi @newieKek.

There are no .json files to be changed for ThingWorx when changing the IP address of a server.  If you've made modifications to Tomcat to restrict access, you might have to make changes to the Tomcat server.xml file but it isn't configured that way OOTB.  Generally, there is nothing that has to be changed within ThingWorx when changing the server IP Address or hostname. 

Note, that if you're running ThingWorx Flow, depending on your configuration, you might have to make changes there.  For example, when installing Flow if you indicated the hostname of the server as the Flow server host, it would have to be updated in a few config files (as I recall).

I'll see if someone from the Vuforia team can answer your question regarding that product.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags