cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Disabling auto-create account in Navigate

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Disabling auto-create account in Navigate

We have Navigate connected and authenticating to Windchill. Since Navigate is case sensitive for user ids, all of our ids in Windchill are lowercase. There is a feature where if the user uses uppercase, Thingworx will create a new account but still let them login.  How can we disable this (auto account creation)? I cannot seem to find an article or doc on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, unchecking the Create Users Dynamically box will stop the creation of new users but leave other functions of the authenticator active.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Depending which authenticator you are using, either the ptc-identity-provider-authenticator or the ThingworxSSOAuthenicator, you can uncheck the Enabled box under General Information. This should stop automatic user creation, which is configured in these authenticators.

Here is a shot from the ThingworxSSOAuthenicator:

barko_0-1622752261295.png

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:barko)

We are passing authentication back to Windchill so the accounts match. ptc-identity-provider-authenticator is enabled but not sure your suggestion to disable it makes sense. Doesn't that disable the entire connection to authenticate back to Windchill?  There is an option under Configuration that is checked which says "CreateUserDynamically" and that is checked.  This seems like the place right?

avillanueva_0-1622818535734.png

Yes, unchecking the Create Users Dynamically box will stop the creation of new users but leave other functions of the authenticator active.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:barko)

Yes, its a pain since I would like auto-creation BUT until they fix the case sensitive issue, I have no choice. Users keep logging in with upper case and not matching Windchill accounts.  Shocked that the case issue is not a burning, Chernobyl issue with Tech Support. Next is editing the error 500 users will get if they do try to login with different case to correct them.

Top Tags