cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Navigate Upgrade from 1.5 to 9.3

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Navigate Upgrade from 1.5 to 9.3

Hi,

I am working to upgrade the Navigate from 1.5 to 9.3. As of now, I am going through the documentation, and I would like to know the best practices to do it or the best way to do it.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
1 REPLY 1

Nav 1.5 is so old that its not covered in the current documentation for determining what the intermediate versions would have to be to get to 9.3. The process for Nav 1.6 is to upgrade to Nav 8.5.3, and then upgrade from there to Nav 9.3, but R&D will have to dig into the archives to find what is needed for Nav 1.5. Unless you have a pressing reason to do an upgrade, you would be better off to just do a fresh install of Thingworx 9.3.4 followed by a fresh install of Navigate 9.3.4. The upgrade process has you uninstall Thingworx and do a fresh install anyway, so all you might be saving is the contents of the database. And even then, you have to do a DB backup, install an up to date DB version, and then do a DB restore from the backup. Any customizations from Nav 1.5 are probably not going to work with Nav 9.3, and so they will need to be redone whether you are following the "upgrade" instructions or the "fresh install" instructions.

FYI, the install process has changed since Nav 1.5. The installer no longer includes Thingworx, so you have to have a working Thingworx installation of a compatible version first, and then do the Navigate install. The TWX installation MUST be by installer (NOT manual), and must succeed with no manual intervention if there are issues. The installer writes files that Nav will use to install, and if those are not exactly correct Nav will refuse to install.  Nav must also be installed by its installer. It might save you some time to know that before starting.

Bob Arko

Top Tags