cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

No service handler defined for service

FS_10272716
10-Marble

No service handler defined for service

Hello,

i just created a API class and an endpoint in Java (Using Windchill and Navigate). The endpoint is displayed in Swagger UI, executing it also returns the correct value (just a test string - no inputs for this endpoint)

Now i tried to execute it from my Navigate Thing.

i added a new service in ptc windchill integration connector with AddServiceDefinition. Now the service exists and I can import it to my Thing services. But when executing i get this message: No service handler defined for service on thing windchill integration connector.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have already tried that but I ended up creating my "own" integration connector, which is basically a copy of ptc-windchill-integration-connector. This way I can add and edit services which is not possible in the ptc one. Now I just click add -> Route and select the endpoint I want to use, enter any name for the service and hit save. Then I can access the endpoint with Things["name-of-my-connector"].nameOfEndpointService(.......) from any service in Navigate. I also connected the ptc-windchill-integration-connector-proxy to my connector similar to the ptc connector

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Unable-to-Invoke-Service-No-service-handler-defined-for-service/td-p/526236?posno=2&q=No%20service%20handler%20defined%20for%20service%20on%20thing&source=search

They found that the name in the service definition must match the name of the Java method. That also includes an example. See if that helps.

I have already tried that but I ended up creating my "own" integration connector, which is basically a copy of ptc-windchill-integration-connector. This way I can add and edit services which is not possible in the ptc one. Now I just click add -> Route and select the endpoint I want to use, enter any name for the service and hit save. Then I can access the endpoint with Things["name-of-my-connector"].nameOfEndpointService(.......) from any service in Navigate. I also connected the ptc-windchill-integration-connector-proxy to my connector similar to the ptc connector

Top Tags