cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thingworx Navigate Extension vs Installation

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Thingworx Navigate Extension vs Installation

Hi,

I am upgrading a Thingworx from 8.4.2 to 9.3+. The customer was using the Thingworx Navigate extension, and as per them, they did not have any License for Thingworx Navigate,

When I upgrade, the Thingworx Navigate Extension is no longer working due to the Java Version compatibility.

Therefore, I have installed Thingworx Navigate using the installer, but as per Navigate, many features need the Navigate License.

So, has the licensing changed from Thingworx 8.4.2 to 9.3+?

And what is the difference between Thingworx Extension vs Thingworx Navigate installation?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, 

After lots of Research and Articles, below is differences I have:

Thingworx Navigate: This Installer is used to use the Customs APPs that come with Thingworx Navigate installation, not only the Windchill Connectivity, and a license is required to use the features of Thingworx Navigate,

Windchill Extension: These extensions connect with the Windchill without any license. This extension can only communicate with Windchill and fetch the data.

For Windchill Extension, we can install the Thingworx Foundation and import the Extension.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello, 

After lots of Research and Articles, below is differences I have:

Thingworx Navigate: This Installer is used to use the Customs APPs that come with Thingworx Navigate installation, not only the Windchill Connectivity, and a license is required to use the features of Thingworx Navigate,

Windchill Extension: These extensions connect with the Windchill without any license. This extension can only communicate with Windchill and fetch the data.

For Windchill Extension, we can install the Thingworx Foundation and import the Extension.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
Top Tags