cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

View secondary content as a Drawing with OOTB Navigate?

justin.baker
7-Bedrock

View secondary content as a Drawing with OOTB Navigate?

Does anyone have a solution to view a Creo Schematic as a "Drawing" with Thingworx Navigate? I have the .rsd file related to the WTPart has a content link and I have a CAD object as owner to drive the schematic part number into the BOM. When the schematic is checked in a pdf is generated and attached as secondary content "attachment" to the ecad object. See images below. In our manufacturing facility we haven't had a good adoption of creo view. The view a drawing app with the PDF opening in the browser is preferred. This is fine for the OOTB where creo and solidworks drawings have pdf's as part of the representation but I'm having difficulty presenting the schematic with the same application in thingworx. What if anything can be changed in the Thingworx composer to force it to pull secondary content if the object that is content is a .rsd?

justinbaker_0-1632150421830.png

justinbaker_0-1632151340398.png

justinbaker_2-1632150595411.png

Environment Details (PTC Cloud Hosted)

Windchill PLM 11.1 M020 CPS13 (orgadmin access)

Thingworx Navigate 8.5.8 (navigateadmin access)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
barko
16-Pearl
(To:barko)

I created a ticket with R&D concerning this issue. They responded that Navigate will only show what is available on the ecad under the wtpart representations, which your screenshot shows does not have the file you are interested in. You will need to get the file to be available there. This may take some help from the Windchill team to get the file where you need it to be.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

To my knowledge, Navigate can only display the "drawing" file types PDF, DXF, PLT, OR CGM.

Yes that much is understood. My secondary content for the schematic file is a PDF. The issue is getting thingworx to see that for this ECAD document type.

I have filed a ticket with R&D to ask about this.

barko
16-Pearl
(To:barko)

I created a ticket with R&D concerning this issue. They responded that Navigate will only show what is available on the ecad under the wtpart representations, which your screenshot shows does not have the file you are interested in. You will need to get the file to be available there. This may take some help from the Windchill team to get the file where you need it to be.

Top Tags