cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

thingworx navigate automatically populate user group (Windchill Authentication)

vcavic
13-Aquamarine

thingworx navigate automatically populate user group (Windchill Authentication)

Hallo,

can I change the settings so that every new user automatically belongs to one specific group for Example Manufacturing?

Thnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
schauvelin
14-Alexandrite
(To:vcavic)

Hello,

If you are using Windchill authentication, as Administrator, Edit Authenticator > ptc-identity-provider-authenticator and add group as below : 

schauvelin_0-1626163047944.png

If you are using SSO, Edit ThingworxSSOAuthenticator and add group in UserDefaultGroups :

schauvelin_1-1626163194827.png

Kind regards. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schauvelin
14-Alexandrite

Hello,

If you are using Windchill authentication, as Administrator, Edit Authenticator > ptc-identity-provider-authenticator and add group as below : 

schauvelin_0-1626163047944.png

If you are using SSO, Edit ThingworxSSOAuthenticator and add group in UserDefaultGroups :

schauvelin_1-1626163194827.png

Kind regards. 

Hi,

I'm using the same way you mentioned above but when user's belong to different role are also added to the specific group which we added in the ptc- identity-provider.

Is there any way to overcome this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Not sure to understand. Can you clarify use case?

If you define group(s) in authenticator every new user will belong to these group(s).

Kind regards. 

Hi 

We have different roles like manufacturing, design and so on. what i need here is that designer should populate to designers role and manufacturing user need to populate to manufacturing respectively role but in above case all the users are populated to the groups which is added in the authenticator.

regards

keerthi 

Hello,

How do you know that a user should be in Designer or Manufacturing group ? Is infomation coming from Windchill?

As far as I know you can map user depending of some specific attributes coming from user info but only with SSO Authenticator.

For instance you can get GROUP info from Active Directory and do a mapping condition in SSO Authenticator.

See section 3 from https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs285504?posno=3&q=identity%20provider%20group%20mappings&source=search

Kind regards. 

vcavic
13-Aquamarine

@schauvelin  Thank you!

Top Tags