cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Vuforia Studio Question

Jamal8548
11-Garnet

Vuforia Studio Question

Hello Community,

I have a question regarding vuforia Studio so we have used vuforia studio to make a checklist with around 7 pages as you can see in the attached picture. This is one of the page and as you can see that there are so many widgets (checboxes, textfields, Gridlayout (rows and columns )). Its working completely fine in preview but just for DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES its so SLOW!  its working extremely slow like if i select one widget then i need to wait 6 seconds so that my selection works and i can add/remove widgets and for me its very inconvienent. Anyone has an idea about it that is it a good idea to create checklist in vuforia studio? I have created one which is working fine now but now for creating second one i am already so tired and i cannot wait so long between just selection of widgets and write classes OR if i want to add new widget or remove it. Please give me your insights? what are your ideas behind?

Questions

1) Is there any way that vuforia studio works better and fast?

2) which platform do you suggest to make checklist if not vuforia studio? like sharepoint etc

Jamal8548_0-1712920846163.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Jamal8548 , I think as @Rocko mentioned possibly the Vuforia Studio will not make sense for usage when you need to have only some  compley datasheest display without augmentation. Possibly you can call simple in a browser a thingworks mashup which will e.g. based on data you will make some selection and descision. 

Still a possibly option could be  that a display of TWX mashup could  done paralell to opened Vuforia View which will show some related experience (related to the location where currently you are). In your experience you can display only the data which is relevant to augmentation or has any spatial relation to your position (e.g. a gauge which displays a temprature on the wall) - but this data could be changed depening on that what you set in  the TWX  mashups etc...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:Jamal8548)

I can't comment on the slowness as there might be many reasons for it. But I wonder if your app has an AR part at all? It's not shown here, so why not just use a Thingworx Mashup on a mobile device? This seems to be just a large text-based form.

Jamal8548
11-Garnet
(To:Rocko)

Hi @Rocko I dont have AR in this application. This does not make any sense i think to use Vuforia Studio for this case right?

Question if i want to implement it on thingworx.

1) Is it possible that i can generate PDF in thingworx for complete checklist list i have pages here it generates pdf also here?

2) is it possible that user would able to sign also that pdf in thingworx mashup?

3) The checklist has very complex parts so it contains parts to be filled from three people and once it is compeled then data needs to store in database thats it and in mashup each entry has that complete pdf fillled looks like same as in mashup. I have attached a picture also in this post and thats is one of the portion of checklist. it needs complex json structure also to fetch and store data as there are 4 people who will fill this checklist and then it will be closed so for calling back and forth of data needs a good implementation. Then in future changes can also come that may be we dont need one field may be and we need to store data in a way that it remains consistent in the future also with past data.

Jamal8548_0-1712929657701.png

Rocko
17-Peridot

I don't think Vuforia makes sense for this use case.

You can create PDF with this extension https://github.com/ptc-iot-sharing/DataExportExtensionTWX.

Signing PDFs is not a Thingworx functionality. But you can create an extension based on java that could do this.

I guess the question of the last part is what you would use to store the information?

As there is changing content fields, JSON as datatype would give you the needed flexibility. You could store this in a DataTable with a JSON property, or for better scalabiltiy, in a SQL Table with a JSON column.

Jamal8548
11-Garnet

Thank you for these insights @Rocko. As you can see in the picture attached. Each checklist paper has four roles so first of all blue color guy would come and fill his assigned parts from checklist and then hes done. he will add his name or sign then the green guy would come and do fill his fields which are assigned to him so in total there are 4 roles on one paper. now my question is how i would record a state for each guy that what did he fill because each guy who comes afterwards can also see that what the guy before him filled and for that reason i think i can save the pdf of the whole checklist and save it for each guy afterwards he finsih filling his duties. Secondly you have written that for pdf i can take infotable and make pdf of it but how can the json will come in pdf also? what i was imagining that i make pdf of whole checklist that means MASHUP after the data is filled by the guy so the pdf contains information filled in it. Each checklist has around 4 5 sections so basically 2 or max 3 A4 size paper. 

Jamal8548_0-1713162719722.png

Rocko
17-Peridot

I don't know how multiply digitally signing PDF works, but in this case I would use just Thingworx to store the state, "sign this" would be a button and it would record who and when it was pressed. But you wouldn't reauthenticate like you normally do when signing. (Maybe you could get Username&Password from mashup/popup and connect to TWX with a ContentLoader call)

Digitally signing was discussed before on the forum:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Implementation-of-a-digital-signature/td-p/678052

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/E-signature-in-Thingworx-applications/td-p/746098

JSON can be put into a textfield so maybe display it on a mashup and print it with https://github.com/vrosu/thingworx-pdfgenerator-extension

Jamal8548
11-Garnet

Thanks for these insights. I am imagining that i will create an authentication Datatable and add users in it and with that i will authenticate my users so that in thingworx i would only have one user for my customer. The digitally sign thing i will see later again but as you said "sign this" thats good! now the most important question is that as you can see the check list segment in the picture i have attached. how can i display the data in this once the user is filled ok and send the data and next time if he want to see what he have filled how can i fill the UI / Mashup with the json data again. AS MASHUP only uses infotables to fill the data. do you have any idea? how can i load the data in mashup once it is saved.? I have few checkboxes, textfields etc in the checklist. In easy words. how can i call back and forth the data? Please let me know. because I have sequence of work so one checklist has 4 statuses so from dropdown i select the checklist named CHECKLIST ONE and as a first person i filled it and saved it now it is in status 2 as status 1 is done now i choose it from dropdown and when i choose i need to see the data from status 1. then as a status 2 i will fill it save it then this checklist is in status 3 and now 3rd person will come fill it and save it and now finally 4th person will come save it and closed it. now that checklist is gone to database and in that dropdown checklist CHECKLIST ONE is again empty and now same process it is in status 1 means empty now the first person will come , fill his part and gone. now it is status 2.. and so on. please let me know about it.

Jamal8548_0-1713177714230.png

Rocko
17-Peridot

I don't have a ready-made solution but your services can return complex, nested datashapes, not just two-dimensional infotables. Maybe this can help. Also using a collection might be an alternative to using a grid, if that limits you too much. Try to keep the UI simple and let the services do the heavy-lifting.

Hi @Jamal8548 , I think as @Rocko mentioned possibly the Vuforia Studio will not make sense for usage when you need to have only some  compley datasheest display without augmentation. Possibly you can call simple in a browser a thingworks mashup which will e.g. based on data you will make some selection and descision. 

Still a possibly option could be  that a display of TWX mashup could  done paralell to opened Vuforia View which will show some related experience (related to the location where currently you are). In your experience you can display only the data which is relevant to augmentation or has any spatial relation to your position (e.g. a gauge which displays a temprature on the wall) - but this data could be changed depening on that what you set in  the TWX  mashups etc...

Top Tags