cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Will Vuforia be able to link External Data from ThingWorx Navigate?

Max_R
5-Regular Member

Will Vuforia be able to link External Data from ThingWorx Navigate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Max_R ,

currently no - and as mentioned in the one replay a new Idea will be ok but for Studio possibly as call /case with  PTC Technical Support. so this could be reported . you need to describe a business case where the Product management team could understand better the requirements and the advantage of such implementation.

Because I do not know detailed  Thingworx navigate ( I know that there is viewer which could display data )- therefore I could mention in generally - to check if the Thingworx navigate provides data API as Rest API calls. In this case if the server is in the same domain as TWX then you can simple call the data via fetch() or XMLHttpRequest() in Vuforia Studio javascript.

Another point is that you can possibly transfer data to TWX - for example some pvz's could be saved to TWX repository where you can fetch them to Vuforia Studio. But this could be checked more detailed when PTC know what kind of data you want to display and what is the planed workflow in your process

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Max_R)

Hi @Max_R ,

currently no - and as mentioned in the one replay a new Idea will be ok but for Studio possibly as call /case with  PTC Technical Support. so this could be reported . you need to describe a business case where the Product management team could understand better the requirements and the advantage of such implementation.

Because I do not know detailed  Thingworx navigate ( I know that there is viewer which could display data )- therefore I could mention in generally - to check if the Thingworx navigate provides data API as Rest API calls. In this case if the server is in the same domain as TWX then you can simple call the data via fetch() or XMLHttpRequest() in Vuforia Studio javascript.

Another point is that you can possibly transfer data to TWX - for example some pvz's could be saved to TWX repository where you can fetch them to Vuforia Studio. But this could be checked more detailed when PTC know what kind of data you want to display and what is the planed workflow in your process

Top Tags