cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Automate creation of representation using local archive PDFs for EPMDocument

TR_10627971
3-Visitor

Automate creation of representation using local archive PDFs for EPMDocument

Hello All,

I followed Article - CS216138 and configured an option to upload local files as representations for an EPMDocument from the UI wizard (I am using Windchill 12.0.2.14). I am wondering if there is any way to automate this upload process. Support for representation upload using the loadfromfile framework is only available for WTPart, not for EPMDocument. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TR_10627971 

@HelesicPetr  is correct. That’s what you need to do.

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@TR_10627971 

This is doable for sure.

Do you know Java and the Windchill database architecture for how content is managed.

Are you adding these PDFs to an existing rep or are you replacing rep PDFs with these “local” PDFs?

What’s the use case?

One off bulk load or somehow triggered?

David

Hello @d_graham ,

Thank you for your response. I'm familiar with the Windchill database architecture for content and have some Java experience.

I want to clarify that I'm not looking to add these PDFs to an existing representation.

Instead, I'm addressing a post-migration bulk load scenario. In this context, none of the migrated .drw objects will have any representations.

Our objective is to upload representation PDFs for these EPMDocument objects using local PDFs. Could you please provide guidance on how this can be achieved?

Thank you.

Hi @TR_10627971 

If you need to create new representation use this

DerivedImage.newDerivedImage();

Then link this representation to the EPMDocument and attach the local pdf file as an ApplicationData

PetrH

@TR_10627971 

@HelesicPetr  is correct. That’s what you need to do.

David

Top Tags