cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Create Document with WTDocument Subtype from Workflow Expression Robot

YannickM
4-Participant

Create Document with WTDocument Subtype from Workflow Expression Robot

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with setting the document Type of a new created Document from a expression Robot Workflow. I managed to create a WTDocument but cant set the subtype type.

I found this article, but could not get it to work: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/How-to-create-subtype-of-WTDocument-by-API/td-p/482345

Thank you for your help.

String name = "Test1234566788"; // Name
String number = "12343455677"; // Number
String lifeCycleName = "LC_TEST"; // Lifecycle name
String container_path = "/wt.inf.container.OrgContainer=Test/wt.inf.library.WTLibrary=Test"; // The container where the document will be created/located
String folder_path = "/Default"; // Folder path

wt.doc.WTDocument doc = wt.doc.WTDocument.newWTDocument();
doc.setName(name);
doc.setNumber(number);

/// ----------- TESTAREA -------------------------------
doc.setDocType(wt.doc.DocumentType.toDocumentType("WCTYPE|wt.doc.WTDocument|de.test.TESTDocument"));
/// ----------- TESTAREA -------------------------------

wt.inf.container.WTContainerRef containerRef = wt.inf.container.WTContainerHelper.service.getByPath(container_path);
doc.setContainerReference(containerRef);

wt.folder.Folder folder = wt.folder.FolderHelper.service.getFolder(folder_path,containerRef);
wt.folder.FolderHelper.assignLocation(doc, folder);

wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleTemplate lct = wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleHelper.service.getLifeCycleTemplate(lifeCycleName , doc.getContainerReference());
doc = (wt.doc.WTDocument) wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleHelper.setLifeCycle(doc, lct);

doc = (wt.doc.WTDocument) wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.store(doc);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:YannickM)

hi It does not work this way

you need to use different API

document.setTypeDefinitionReference(TypedUtilityServiceHelper.service.getTypeDefinitionReference("wt.doc.WTDocument|com.myDocType"));

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

hi It does not work this way

you need to use different API

document.setTypeDefinitionReference(TypedUtilityServiceHelper.service.getTypeDefinitionReference("wt.doc.WTDocument|com.myDocType"));
YannickM
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thank you for your fast reply. I'm getting the following error:

WfExpression_10773332627.java:45: error: package TypedUtilityServiceHelper does not exist

Windchill Version is 11.1 M020 CPS17

YannickM
4-Participant

I have to add wt.type. before TypedUtilityServiceHelper Class

document.setTypeDefinitionReference(wt.type.TypedUtilityServiceHelper.service.getTypeDefinitionReference("wt.doc.WTDocument|com.myDocType"));

But now I get the following Exception:

wt.workflow.engine.FailedExpressionException: wt.util.WTException: The value of "Type Definition Reference" cannot be set to null, since it is a "required" attribute.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @YannickM 

The string "wt.doc.WTDocument|com.myDocType" is full definition of Subtype WTDocument object so the subtype has to exist in type and attribute management.

go there and check what string definition is yours WTDocument subtype and use it. 

The string has to contains full definition same as my example. The separator is |

Main type

HelesicPetr_1-1680674297918.png

plus subtype

HelesicPetr_0-1680674236357.png

Hope this can help.

PetrH

YannickM
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thank yóu very much. I found my mistake. I had a sub-subtype of Document. So in your example a subtype of "My Doc Type". I only included the internal Name of the "Document" and my Subtype. So now I tried it with including the whole path and it works:

wt.doc.WTDocument|com.myDocType|com.myDocType.mySubDocType

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @YannickM 

That's right if you use more levels you need to specify full path to subtype.

I'm glad that it works.
PetrH

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

String com.myDoctype is your subtype than has to exists in type and attribute management

Change it to your type

Odesláno z iPhonu
Top Tags