cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to create a usage link between WTDocuments with REST API

PG_10511068
3-Visitor

How to create a usage link between WTDocuments with REST API

Hello,

I am currently developing an app that need to create links between WTDocuments through the Rest API for WIndchill 12.0_2_7.

I already found this article about creating Describe links between Documents and Parts, which I've implemented successfully, but cannot find any information on creating Usage links between two Documents. Here is the article: Article - CS285572 - How to create WTPartDescribeLink / WTPartReferenceLink using Windchill REST Services in Windchill PDMLink (ptc.com) 

Is there any documentation on how to implement this? Is it possible at all?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PG_10511068 

Check the RestAPI documentation in your Windchill instalation

https://serverName/Windchill/netmarkets/html/wrs/doc.html 

If you can not find the method to create a wtdoc usage link then the method does not exist. 

You can extend the domain and crate own rest api method to do so. But this is customization.

PetrH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @PG_10511068 

Check the RestAPI documentation in your Windchill instalation

https://serverName/Windchill/netmarkets/html/wrs/doc.html 

If you can not find the method to create a wtdoc usage link then the method does not exist. 

You can extend the domain and crate own rest api method to do so. But this is customization.

PetrH

Hello @HelesicPetr,

Thank you for the swift response. Already checked the documentation and neither functions to create links (document->part and document->document) existed. I already implemented the document->part and created this thread to validate that I could implement it for document usage links and see if there already was an article on the subject with provided code.

Thanks for your help!

PG

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:PG_10511068)

Yes, actually the article you mentioned is accurate and useful. You need to know how to modify Javascript code and install it in the server.

Try searching for WTPartDescribeLink or PartDescribeLink in this community, there is at least one other thread on the topic.

Announcements

Top Tags