cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Windchill Customization Topics

Sha11
12-Amethyst

Windchill Customization Topics

Hello,

I have been working as a Windchill Developer for more than 2 years. I struggled a lot in the beginning stage to find solution to some of my queries since many of the answers required some pre-requisite knowledge which I did not possess at the time. I am planning to write some articles on the customization topics with basic details so that people like me at their beginning stage could get all the required details in a single place.

Some of the topics I will be addressing are as follows:

i)   Listeners

ii)  Adding custom actions and Filters

iii) Sending/Receiving data between interfaces.

iv) Dashboard designing using model view controller.

v)  Custom utility to do data correction.

I will update the list on the go and let me know if any topics can be added to the list by you. It would be a great help for all the developers like us. 

Thanks.

Regards,

HS

5 REPLIES 5
gobada
6-Contributor
(To:Sha11)

It can be challenging to maintain documentation or a collection of documentation over time as the application and frameworks evolve. Subject matter experts at PTC tech support strive to keep the documentation up-to-date and alive. PTC knowledge base articles are perhaps one of the best places to keep and manage such information, hence PTC users, including Windchill developers can assist with the effort by providing feedback to articles, including suggestions of related articles/topics.

Where can I find these articles you were talking about? I recently started working as a Windchill Developer and I feel like I'm struggling as your old self were. 🙂

https://www.ptc.com/en/support

That's the starting point for KB searching

Marco

I would add following resources that are on the Knowledge base.

Help Center - Basic Customization

Help Center - Advanced Customization

CS60345 - Windchill Customization guide

CS212271 - Windchill PLM - Customization

CS356447 - Windchill PLM - Light Customization

Also very useful is a Catalog in the Windchill installation 

windchillServer/Windchill/app/#ptc1/componentCatalog/componentCatalog?oid=OR%3Awt.org.WTUser%3A207&u8=1

HelesicPetr_0-1711530986176.png

PetrH

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:AK_10639313)

An example is "[QML] Query Builder Report listing work items ..."

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS294349

A google search will often turn up info in one of these articles. That's the easiest way to find what you are looking for. Start your Google query with 'PTC', for example 'ptc work item change' in Google gives an article as the first result.

Also, these articles often link to other related articles. And Community posts often link to an article.

Top Tags