cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

error occurs when creating a new product using a custom template

成坂_10577056
4-Participant

error occurs when creating a new product using a custom template

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.0 and Datecode with CPS M030-CPS13

Explanation:

An error occurs when creating a new product using a custom template.
I checked the contents of the rule name (rule defined by TypeBasedRule) pointed out by the error referring to the article (CS34313, CS45247).
As a result, I found that <AttrConstraint> is inside the <AttrConstraint> tag.

Here are the errors that I faced

Method server log:
wt.rule.init [userid] - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 100; columnNumber: 37; The content of element type "AttrConstraint" must match "(Arg|Attr|Value|VarRef)*".(wt.rule.ruleResource/150)com.ptc.core.meta.common.CorrectableException: [rule name] Initial Value The XML specification for the rule is incorrect or invalid.

Popup message:
warning:
[rule name] Initial Value The XML specification for the rule is incorrect or invalid.

Question:
1.Is it correct to understand that this error occurs when <AttrConstraint> tags exist within <AttrConstraint> tags as described?
2.Is there any impact if I put the <AttrConstraint> out to fix the error?
3.There is "lineNumber: 100; columnNumber: 37;" in the method server-side log, but is this the number of XML rows and columns that are causing the error?
Also, where is the 100th line from?

Note:
This post was created using Google Translate, so error messages, etc. may not be accurate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @成坂_10577056 

Yes that's it

by DTD configuration

<!ELEMENT AttrConstraint (Arg | Attr | Value | VarRef)*>

dtd definition file is in ....Windchill_12.0\Windchill\codebase\registry\rule\dtds\attr_values.dtd

so the element can only contains the following elements Arg | Attr | Value | VarRef nothing else. 

the error mentioned it. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Line 100 would be the 100th line of the xml - but I do not think it counts commented lines.. This would likely be from the xml file of the Product template.

HI @成坂_10577056 

Download the template from system, it will contains the xml file that you need to correct

You need to find the element what is wrong and correct them. 

I would check what is defined in the AttrConstraint tag and try to modify the xml with correctly defined constrain  in appropriate xml format that is actual for your system. 

PetrH

thank you for reply.

As a result of examining the xml, we believe that the problem is that the <AttrConstraint> tag exists within the <AttrConstraint> tag as shown below.

I would like to confirm if this perception is correct.

AttrConstraint(Tag Start)

AttrConstraint(Tag Start)

/AttrConstraint(Tag End)

/AttrConstraint(Tag End)

Hi @成坂_10577056 

Yes that's it

by DTD configuration

<!ELEMENT AttrConstraint (Arg | Attr | Value | VarRef)*>

dtd definition file is in ....Windchill_12.0\Windchill\codebase\registry\rule\dtds\attr_values.dtd

so the element can only contains the following elements Arg | Attr | Value | VarRef nothing else. 

the error mentioned it. 

PetrH

It is solved.

thank you!

Top Tags