cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to create table with stereotype tag data from model elements?

jklostermann
5-Regular Member

How to create table with stereotype tag data from model elements?

Hello,

I could not find a path yet to do the following in Modeler:

I want to create a table (like a DataDictionaryTable) to show the data content of tags of a certain stereotype that I applied to blocks in a package.

For example: Stereotype «PurchasedPart» with the tags Manufacturer and ArticleNumber.

I would like to get something like this:

SubPackage
Blockname
Manufacturer
ArticleNumber
devices Laptop HP 234234234
devices Monitor Samsung sdflkkj-342-23
cables DVI cable HAMA 923464564
cables USB cable benq 234-kj-456  

Did you get something like this already running?

(With the mentioned DataDictionaryTable I could get the first and the second column, but not further. It did not even show the applied Stereotype «PurchasedPart» in the column with attribute "Applied Stereotypes", but a strange «FlowType» stereotype that is neither shown at right-mouse-click > "Applied Stereotypes" nor in the Properties pane as tab...)

For hints I would be very grateful.

All the best

Jan

1 REPLY 1
jklostermann
5-Regular Member
(To:jklostermann)

Hello,

I found a way using Publisher - more or less.

If you follow the hints in PTC Modeler Help > Publisher and Web Interface > Publisher > Developing document definitions in section Worked example: extracting items through extended model item types (stereotypes) combined with the explanations on how to get them into a table from the other Worked example: extracting items through child roles and child types, you can end up with a table shown in your web browser with the data.

So far, quite cool.

Unfortunately there are 3 major drawbacks:

First, this path is very time consuming, as Publisher takes a long time to extract and compile the data.

Second, you need to surf to it within the Publisher export.

Third, and this is critical, the data only exists in the DOM of the web browser. I could not find a way to get it out into an HTML file with a HTML table (or what-o-ever other file format) yet, just the page with the table and finally just the table. E.g. for further processing into Excel (see How-export-tables-from-Publisher-export-to-Excel for more on that).

Therefore I am still looking forward for more hints on the issue.

Thanks

Jan

Top Tags