cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

(WRC) DOORS Export do not work right for attachments (Microsoft Office Documents)

RichardLuft
4-Participant

(WRC) DOORS Export do not work right for attachments (Microsoft Office Documents)

Hello everyone,

for an Export of DOORS (DOORS 9.7.2.4) Modules, we are using the Windchill Requirements Connector (4.0.1.0).

The Modules have attached Office-Documents, but the export of the modules only containing .ole-Objects that are only describing the preview picture (no ...Excel.Sheet.8 .... object).

By using the Atego Synchronizer (2.4.3) for exporting the same Modules, there is also the office-object parsed in the ole-object.

Is this a known Bug in the WRC?

On the System we are using WRC, there is no Microsoft Office Application installed. 

On the System we are using Atego Synchronizer, there are Microsoft Office Application installed.

I have a guess that this can be the reason, for not be able to parse the Office-Documents.

Could installing the Office Applications, already solve our problem?

The ole of Atego Synchronizer looks like:

{\object\objemb{\*\objclass Excel.Sheet.8}\objw7755\objh1800{\*\objdata

}{\result{\pict{\*\picprop}\wmetafile8\picw7755\pich1800\picwgoal7755\pichgoal1800

}

The ole of WRC looks like:

{\result{\pict{\*\picprop}\wmetafile8\picw7755\pich1800\picwgoal7755\pichgoal1800

}

If there are further points missing on this question, please answer to this Message.

Thank you,

Richard Luft

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Richard,

A few document types need the Office installation (e.g. Visio), but some may work without it (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.).

One of the internal questions that popped up from the above information was do you have different DOORs servers for ARS and WRC?

Could you please file a PTC Technical Support Case for this issue and include DXL output from both the DOORs servers?

Steps to get DXL output:

1. Open module in DOORS Client.
  2. Select the object that has the excel attachment
  3. Click Tools -> Edit DXL.
  4. Paste the below code in DXL Input section
    Object o = current
    string rtf = richTextWithOle(o. "Object Text")
    print rtf
  5. Copy the output from DXL output section to any text editor and save.

Thanks

Kartik

RichardLuft
4-Participant
(To:KartikOak)

Hello Kartik,

thank you for your reply.

I tried the dxl script on a doors-object and get the same result (only preview picture), so the ole-object on this doors server is already wrong parsed in the doors-client. Therefore there is no bug in the WRC.

I will try changing to the right Doors Server Version and retry the export with WRC.

Greetings

Richard

Hello everyone,

i have to re-open this Questions.

I am using WRC on Server to automatically export Modules from Doors, by using the WRC API (IRC Service).

On the Server there is no Microsoft Office installed, because Office is only allowed for client usage.

This seemed to be the Issue with the wrong OLE-Transformation (via Doors Client).

Using the WRC API on a server, can be therefore not used correctly.

Is this already a known Issue on your side?

Can you think of a solution, without an installed Office Suite?

Greetings,

Richard

Top Tags