cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Auto lock WGM Windchill

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

Auto lock WGM Windchill

Hello everybody,
I am using Windchill WGM 11.2.1.3 with Creo Element Direct Modeling 20.3.2.0
I am experiencing differences from how I use Windchill with Creo Parametric 7.07.0.
I'll explain :
- if in creo parametric I open any file and try to modify it, the pop-up immediately appears to submit it to check-out (rightly so).

- in creo modeling by opening a file instead, I can modify it and afterwards at check-in the window to put it in check-out appears (so I risk modifying files without knowing that I have deliberately put them in check out).

So I tried to insert the auto lock preference.
When I add the files in ws they are all correctly locked and therefore if I open one of these objects and modify it, the warning appears.

The problem is that if I edit the files and check in, the object doesn't lock automatically. I should always do it manually wasting time. Is it possible to have the same behavior as Creo Parametric or to have everything I check-in be blocked ??? Even when I update older versions in the ws I would like them to lock automatically, otherwise while model I risk modifying something that is not in check out by me.

Ty,

Matteo.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags