cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can we generate the product service maintenance in Windchill 13?

AT_CADDM
5-Regular Member

Can we generate the product service maintenance in Windchill 13?

We want to generate the reports to analyze the Product Servicing and maintenance history report from Windchill product configurations in Windchill 13.0. Are there capabilities to generate the report with historical data of the service and maintenance logs with dates? 

8 REPLIES 8

Thank you for your question.
I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. This will make it easier for you to receive meaningful help from other Community members.
Regards,
Andra
AT_CADDM
5-Regular Member
(To:achirila)

Hello avillanueva,

We don't have Service Information Management in the Windchill installation. We have basic PDMLink installed, also, we have created configurations and instances of the base BOM. We just need to capture the servicing dates of the End Product, fill those in the Windchill, with updating serial numbers of the instances. So, in this case, when the product undergoes servicing, we get the new serial numbers of the rotable parts. We are expecting to get the report of all these services history tracked datewise. I have attached the snap-shot of a sample BOM of the instance.

Hi @AT_CADDM 

You can use Baselines 

Windchill PLM - Baseline

PetrH

That might get difficult to manage. 1 baseline per serial number and updates would be manual.

Hi @avillanueva 

If you need to save a state in a time, then it is the best way to use the baseline.

For any update you just create new baseline, do not care about old one....

You right if you want to use the baseline to keep any changes, that is not ideal.

I developed autoupdate function for one customer, where baseline could be updated from WTPart based on the actual state of the BOM

PetrH

AT_CADDM
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

Sure, let me try this approach, and check how it works. Thank you.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:AT_CADDM)

Yes but you need to have the Service Information Management module installed. More information can be found below on capabilities.

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2Fsublandingpages%2Fsis5002.html%23

AT_CADDM
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

Hello avillanueva,

We don't have Service Information Management in the Windchill installation. We have basic PDMLink installed, also, we have created configurations and instances of the base BOM. We just need to capture the servicing dates of the End Product, fill those in the Windchill, with updating serial numbers of the instances. So, in this case, when the product undergoes servicing, we get the new serial numbers of the rotable parts. We are expecting to get the report of all these services history tracked datewise. I have attached the snap-shot of a sample BOM of the instance.

Top Tags