cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Checked in part with no change still wants to be checked out when saved?

Cavallini
1-Newbie

Checked in part with no change still wants to be checked out when saved?

I have checked out a part. Modified the part. Checked the part back in. With the part still in session, if I save the part PDMlink requires that I check out the part again. The part has no modifications to it. Is this supposed to happen ??

3 REPLIES 3

Hope someone has an answer for this soon. This happens to me as well.

Hi Dale,

Essentially, yes. Windchill in general is proactive in preventing people from stepping on each others toes, so to speak. So when you go to save a part, Windchill proactively prompts you to take an action. The prompt however does have multiple options, meaning you don't have to check the part out. If you make/intend to make a change that you will share with other users (check back in to WIndchill) then you obviously want to check the part out. If you want to make a "what if" change and don't intend to cement the changes, you can Continue which will allow you to make a change but will list the object as ineligible for upload in your workspace until you check it out.

Please let me know if that is helpful or if it needs more clarification.

JR Carr

Boston Engineering

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to reply!!! I was thinking only a change would drive the checkout - not a save alone to an unmodified assembly or part.

Top Tags