cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo Simplified Rep States on Viewables Tab not Working in Creo View when Published by Windchill?

ScottMorris
17-Peridot

Creo Simplified Rep States on Viewables Tab not Working in Creo View when Published by Windchill?

Question: Anyone using the Regenerate Assemblies & Parts option for their Creo CAD worker in Windchill?

I have a unique scenario where one of the large assemblies in Windchill publishes all the Simplified Rep states to the PVZ, but when they are activated from the Viewables tab in Creo View, all components are removed from the graphics area instead of showing the Simplified Rep state.

I did some testing with the CAD by using Save As from Creo and the PVZ correctly showed all the Simplified Rep states in Creo View when opened locally. However, I regenerated the model before using Save As because it looked like it needed an update. I tested again w/o using Regenerate and the the result was the same as Windchill.

I am using Creo View 10 as a client and Creo Adapters v8.1 on WC 12.0.2

I checked the recipe files in Windchill and Creo and neither of them had the Regenerate (Assemblies & Models) option enabled.

ScottMorris_0-1691588315327.png

I have enabled the Regenerate Assemblies & Parts option in Windchill and Creo recipe files, but this did fix the initial problem of Simplified Rep states not working from the Viewables tab in Creo View.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We have been regenerating both Drawings and Assemblies & Parts for several years. It takes longer however we are assured they are regenerated that way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

We have been regenerating both Drawings and Assemblies & Parts for several years. It takes longer however we are assured they are regenerated that way.

anyone else using this option? the documentation is not very specific on this topic, simply states the items will regenerated after opening.

i'm a bit concerned about which configuration is pulled and regenerated and how the dependencies are handled?

• is it as stored or latest?
  • what happens if a dependent model or skeleton was changed independently?
    • this could update the representation to not match the CAD
  • if the model is "changed" in the regeneration process, is it recorded anywhere?
  • if its a drawing, is only the drawing updated (Done) or are all models updated (Automatic)

seems like a good idea to always make sure the content is updated before published, but also runs the risk of creating a mismatch between the CAD and the representation.

i'm starting to like the idea of publishing as-is so everyone see's what was put into Windchill. if the representation is not correct, we know the CAD data needs to be corrected and iterated creating more of a "what you see is what you checked in" situation.

Top Tags