cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Do we need a Thingworx Navigate license for the windchill users if we already used windchill auth

AS_10852436
2-Guest

Do we need a Thingworx Navigate license for the windchill users if we already used windchill auth

Do we need a seperate Thingworx Navigate license for the windchill users if we already used windchill auth in the OData connector for connevtivity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, these are all windchill users, we have done the Navigate and windchill integration using windchill authentication and what i remember is i have just added few users in the navigate_view_named_group and navigate_contribute_concurrent_group    groups which was already available in Navigate. I don't think so we purchased any separate navigate license for these users.

only thing is when we create new user in windchill LDAP, that user must be first login into windchill after that only he/she can login to Navigate landing page.

am i did right.?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Elaborate. Is this a Windchill user accessing Windchill via thingworx navigate?

Yes, these are all windchill users, we have done the Navigate and windchill integration using windchill authentication and what i remember is i have just added few users in the navigate_view_named_group and navigate_contribute_concurrent_group    groups which was already available in Navigate. I don't think so we purchased any separate navigate license for these users.

only thing is when we create new user in windchill LDAP, that user must be first login into windchill after that only he/she can login to Navigate landing page.

am i did right.?

Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:AS_10852436)

Hi,

Navigate View / Navigate Contribute  licenses are not included in the Windchill licenses (Base / Adv/Premium).

More over, if you develop custom Navigate Apps, then each user of that will additionally require a Navigate Connected PLM license.

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers

Hari

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Hari_Vara)

To expand on what @Hari_Vara wrote, Navigate licenses include the right to access Windchill directly and/or through the Navigate apps.  If someone is assigned a Navigate license, the do not need any additional licenses to access Windchill directly.  On the other hand, users who have been assigned regular Windchill licenses (other than Navigate licenses) are not allowed to use the Navigate apps, they must access Windchill directly.

Top Tags