cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Does Inventor Worker machine need GPU

AP_10483126
10-Marble

Does Inventor Worker machine need GPU

Is it required to have a GPU to publish using the AUTODESK Inventor worker? For huge assemblies does it make any difference?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:AP_10483126)

I've tried Inventor workers with a GPU and without, I monitored the GPU performance while the worker was running as it basically just sat there doing nothing. There are also graphics hardware config options in Inventor Pro which set whether GPU or CPU is used and these don't affect the worker. The best results performance-wise was from Apprentice mode (where you use Inventor Server to process the publish jobs rather than Inventor Pro) 

Apprentice mode has challenges too though, it can't publish drawings to PDF and fails on assembly models if any of the components contain embedded images.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

GPU is needed for any visualization worker, even though the application (Inventor in this case) will be opened in a non- Visual graphic mode (Background). 

Cheers

Hari

@Hari_Vara I am not sure if your opinion is true. 

GPU is not needed on the server where the worker is installed because all work is done in a classic system CPU. 

GPU is used only and only for showing the environment on a display. If you connect to the server remotely your local GPU is used to show the system. 

PetrH

Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi,

I was thinking that in case of Interference Detection Jobs (which is quite common in Industrial Equipments, Machinery, Auto, Aero), then it requires the GPU. Otherwise you are right.

Best Regards

Hari

rhart
14-Alexandrite

I've tried Inventor workers with a GPU and without, I monitored the GPU performance while the worker was running as it basically just sat there doing nothing. There are also graphics hardware config options in Inventor Pro which set whether GPU or CPU is used and these don't affect the worker. The best results performance-wise was from Apprentice mode (where you use Inventor Server to process the publish jobs rather than Inventor Pro) 

Apprentice mode has challenges too though, it can't publish drawings to PDF and fails on assembly models if any of the components contain embedded images.

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.
Regards,
Andra
Top Tags