cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Drawing associations in Windchill: how to deal with unwanted references?

proed
1-Newbie

Drawing associations in Windchill: how to deal with unwanted references?

Hi folks

We've noticed on Edit Associations for some Creo Drawings, a new link appears with a different Part number, see first screenshot.

This looks like it comes from a Drawing Reference link, see second screenshot.

The thing is, you can't avoid the new link - you can't strike it out or remove it because it doesn't yet exist.

Does anyone have advice or suggestions for this, is it worth posting a new 'idea'?!

Thanks

Edwin

edit-assoc.png

edit-assoc2.png

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Edwin,

I opened a case about this fairly recently. There was no satisfactory answer, it is not possible to "ignore them" currently.

I would say it is worth posting as an idea. You had the ability to chose associations in a more granular way in 9.1 but it was removed in 10.x.

Regards,

Toby

Thanks Toby, we've also opened a case, see what PTC say about it.

Also: the idea is open: Edit Associations: Add ability to ignore related CAD Drawings

Ed

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:proed)

I'm guessing this is a function of adding an additional model to a CAD Drawing and the resulting "Calculated" relationship of the model to the Drawing. This may be a case of just because you can does not necessarily mean you should (add the additional model(s) to the Drawing). There are other ways to accomplish what a given requiremnt might be, such as parametrically referncing a child part or subassembly by number but it means going deeper into Creo functionality. The problem is that most companies have a boat load of legacy CAD data that was produced at a time when this did not create an issue (at least not one that was apparent). For new CAD Data different practises could be applied... for ongoing use of existing data I agree that there needs to be a way to override the calculated relationship when creating/editing associations.

Top Tags