cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Enabling Non Org Admin Users Ability to Edit Org ECN Templates

kirkwemple
8-Gravel

Enabling Non Org Admin Users Ability to Edit Org ECN Templates

Is there a method to enable non org admin users the ability to edit org based ECN Templates.  Context managers can see all org ECN templates from the Product > Templates link; but are unable to edit the templates.  Looking for an easy way to enable edit by context managers.

--Kirk Wemple

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To resolve we created a org level group named NWL_ECN_TEMPLATE_MODIFY and applied the below ACL's to this group:

ECN soft type: Read, Download, Modify, Modify Content, and Modify Identity

Change Activity soft type: Read, Download, Modify, Modify Content, and Modify Identity, Delete, and Create.

These changes were deployed only to dev platform.    Now members of group can update the ECN templates on dev and then are moved to prod following validation.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Context managers should be able to create their own templates in their context. "Too many cooks in kitchen" rule applies here. I would leave it to the org admin to make updates if necessary to org level CN templates. I assume you want them to have access to the template but not make them org admins right? 

Yes, that is correct.    Grant access to to org templates without org admin rights.   The templates must reside at org.

We would like to enable edit ability on our dev platform and then we would export them to production. 

We may have to manage the templates at a context level on our dev system and then somehow export them to prod at org level.

Couldn't they just create the template in the context on the dev system, export it, and then the Org Admin could import it at the org level?

jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:jbailey)

I did a little testing on this, and you would likely need to modify the xml files from the export to get them to show up at the org level

Yes.  That is what I thought would be required.

Thanks for testing.

To resolve we created a org level group named NWL_ECN_TEMPLATE_MODIFY and applied the below ACL's to this group:

ECN soft type: Read, Download, Modify, Modify Content, and Modify Identity

Change Activity soft type: Read, Download, Modify, Modify Content, and Modify Identity, Delete, and Create.

These changes were deployed only to dev platform.    Now members of group can update the ECN templates on dev and then are moved to prod following validation.

Top Tags