cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How can I programatically determine the database column(s) associated with a custom standard attribute?

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

How can I programatically determine the database column(s) associated with a custom standard attribute?

Windchill 11.0 F000-CPS04

I am wanting to programatically find the database column(s) associated with a custom standard attribute. This would be the columns created by using the AddColumns utility and then are used when creating a custom standard attribute. The Type and Attribute Manager shows it as shown in the screenshot. How does it find it?

database_columns.png

So starting with a given subtype and a given standard parameter internal name how would I find this same information that the Type and Attribute Manager is showing?

3 REPLIES 3

Randy,

I saw your post and thought I'd reply.

The column value you are looking for is LWCColumnAllocation.PHYSICALNAME

Note that the value of this column is stored as typeInfoWTPart.ptc_str_1

LWCColumnAllocation is a table that links the type to the attribute.

• LWCColumnAllocation.IDA3A3 = LWCFlexAttDefinition.IDA2A2
  • LWCColumnAllocation.IDA3B3 = <object type's IDA2A2 (LWCTypeDefinition.IDA2A2)>

Below are both SQL and Java code to return PHYSICALNAME

SQL

select ca.physicalname from lwccolumnallocation ca, lwctypedefinition tdef, lwcflexattdefinition attdef

where ca.ida3a3 = attdef.ida2a2

and ca.ida3b3 = tdef.ida2a2

and tdef.ida2a2 = 144505

and attdef.name = 'CustomString1';

where lwcflexattdefinition.name is the attribute internal name

Java

In this code I used QuerySpecs to find the data.

public static String getStandardAttributesDataBaseColumnName(LWCTypeDefinition type, String attInternalName) throws WTException {

QuerySpec qs = new QuerySpec(LWCFlexAttDefinition.class);

qs.appendWhere(new SearchCondition(LWCFlexAttDefinition.class, LWCFlexAttDefinition.CONTEXT_REFERENCE + ".key.id", SearchCondition.EQUAL, PersistenceHelper.getObjectIdentifier(type).getId()), null);

qs.appendAnd();

qs.appendWhere(new SearchCondition(LWCFlexAttDefinition.class, LWCFlexAttDefinition.NAME, SearchCondition.EQUAL, attInternalName, true), null);

QueryResult qr = PersistenceHelper.manager.find((StatementSpec) qs);

if (qr.size() == 1) {

LWCFlexAttDefinition flexAttDef = (LWCFlexAttDefinition) qr.nextElement();

qs = new QuerySpec(LWCColumnAllocation.class);

qs.appendWhere(new SearchCondition(LWCColumnAllocation.class, LWCColumnAllocation.TYPE_DEF_REFERENCE + ".key.id", SearchCondition.EQUAL, PersistenceHelper.getObjectIdentifier(type).getId()), null);

qs.appendAnd();

qs.appendWhere(new SearchCondition(LWCColumnAllocation.class, LWCColumnAllocation.ATTRIBUTE_DEF_REFERENCE + ".key.id", SearchCondition.EQUAL, PersistenceHelper.getObjectIdentifier(flexAttDef).getId()), null);

qr = PersistenceHelper.manager.find((StatementSpec) qs);

if (qr.size() == 1) {

LWCColumnAllocation colAll = (LWCColumnAllocation) qr.nextElement();

String physicalName = colAll.getPhysicalName();

if (physicalName != null && physicalName.contains(".")) {

int index = physicalName.indexOf(".");

String columnNameDisplayed = (physicalName.substring(index + 1) + physicalName.substring(0, index));

System.out.println("Results:\n");

System.out.println("Type:" + type.getName());

System.out.println("Internal Name:" + attInternalName);

System.out.println("Datatype: " + flexAttDef.getDatatype().getName());

System.out.println("Physical Name:" + physicalName);

System.out.println("Column Name Displayed:" + columnNameDisplayed);

System.out.println("Column Name:" + columnNameDisplayed.toUpperCase());

System.out.println();

return columnNameDisplayed;

}

}

}

return null;

}

Hope this help,  David

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:d_graham)

David: Perfect!!! That is exactly what I was looking for. I have created a java class using your code as a basis and it works good. As soon as I get it cleaned up a little I will post my class here.

Thanks Randy

RandyJones wrote:

David: Perfect!!! That is exactly what I was looking for. I have created a java class using your code as a basis and it works good. As soon as I get it cleaned up a little I will post my class here.

Thanks Randy

I have attached my java class.

Top Tags