cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How do I add new parts to an Existing Parts List?

feliciabartoli
4-Participant

How do I add new parts to an Existing Parts List?

Hello all,

A few years back a parts list and an associated illustration was created for a fuel pump. I'm now doing some revisions to said fuel pump where I need to add in a collection of nuts (total of 4) to the assembly. Is there a way to add in parts to an existing parts list? Or do i have to start from scratch?

For context, I am using windchill 12.0.2.8, and the illustration was created through PTC Creo Illustrate.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @feliciabartoli 

All depends on your organization processes and methods. 

How to change the assembly, how to change the parts and so on. 

If you have rights you can just add an another part in a structure set a  quantity as you need. 

you can use insert existing, search for your nut and after you add it to the structure you set the quantity to 4.

In background the assembly WTpart will be check-out. Then you need to checking the WTPart that the change is saved. 

Organization perspective,

You need to activate some change process, do a work what you need to finish within the change process.

CreateChangeNotice-Revise-Checkout-changeStructure-Checkin-CompleteChangeNoticeTask-Wait for the release.

PetrH

Thanks for the reply, HelesicPetr!

I followed the steps like you said, changing the quantity from a blank box, to 4. But when I opened up the file in creo illustrate, only one nut appeared. Do you know why that would be?

Hi @feliciabartoli 

Creo Ilustrate opens PVZ files Am I right?

Does the Visualization of the WTPart contains that parts ? if not then it is the case. 

So the change needs to be populated to the PVZ file but this is done just by Creo Parametric isn't it?

Creo Parametric creates occurrences and  thanks that the generated visualization contains that parts correctly.. 

PetrH

Top Tags