cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How do you interate cad without wtpart

mbrown-nasa
4-Participant

How do you interate cad without wtpart

I need to be able to iterate a cad document (model or drawing) and not be forced to have the wtpart iterate with it. I've tried this with using a Contributing Content link between and model and the wtpart, but this didn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for much for this information!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello

Owner et Contributing links propagates attributes or strutcture to WTparts. So need to iterate ...

The image link should not iterate the WTPart, even when associating because it is used for associating an alternative CAD rep .

The content link (formaly a describe link for CAD) does not iterate the WTpart when iterating the CAD ...

regards

Thanks for much for this information!

Is there any danger in not using "owner" links at all? I always want the flexibility to iterate wtpart and cad documents seperately, but I'm concerned that this might cause problems with my product structure or some other area downstream.

Clearly content links will not synch the WTpart BOM.

So if you use any downstream app like MPMLink... your eBOM will not be reliable ... No tools to compare CAD structure and WTpart BOM without owner link ....

but you can disable the automatic build for owner link (which synch and iterate the WTpart automatically when the CAD iterateby setting the preference "build.after.check.in" to NONE (Site, Org or Container level)

windchill wt.preference.SetPreferenceUtility -u wcadmin -p wcadmin -name build.after.check.in -value None

windchill wt.preference.SetPreferenceUtility -u wcadmin -p wcadmin -name build.after.check.in -value None -container /wt.inf.container.OrgContainer="Demo Organization"

windchill wt.preference.SetPreferenceUtility -u wcadmin -p wcadmin -name build.after.check.in -value None -container "/wt.inf.container.OrgContainer=Demo Organization/wt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct=GOLF_CART"

windchill wt.preference.SetPreferenceUtility -u wcadmin -p wcadmin -name build.after.check.in -value None -user wcadmin

You are the able to synch the WTpart (attributes, viz and structure) asynchroneously "on demand" with the CAD to Part compare tool in the action menu of the CAD info page

regards

Gregory, all.

The preference to build a CAD Document's related Parts after CAD Document Check In is public and visible to all in 10.1 M020 or 10.2 F000 and above. You can find it in Operations > Checkin Operation. It can vary per user.

I do NOT recommend users to use the preference before 10.1 M020 (except if you have a special temp patch), because the collector and Info pages will not be able to find Parts related to CAD Documents if they are not built. This is the reason the behavior is not exposed until 10.1 M020.

Thanks

Jennifer

Top Tags