cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to list all change objects linked to an object or to any of its dependency obejcts?

SNi
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

How to list all change objects linked to an object or to any of its dependency obejcts?

Hi all change objects experts around

Is there ready tool in Windchill to list all change objects that are linked to an given object or to any of its dependency objects?

For example I would like to get list of all problem reports, change requests, and change notices that have affected any time to any documents or parts needed make given WTPart.

If there is no ready tool can this be achieved with report generator or some kind of advanced search?

1 REPLY 1
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:SNi)

Be careful that searching for objects with multiple links at the same time, such as the one you described in your request, can also lead to exhaustion of system HW resources if not done properly.

This is an example of a report I am completing that combines Problem Report, ECR, ECN, ECT, Affected Materials and Resulting Materials, with the need to check who has assigned and uncompleted tasks

Each green arrow means that the report should search, via outer join, even if one of the two linked tables does not return any results, so that a record for the table containing data will still come up.

Marco_Tosin_0-1710415859853.png

Marco
Top Tags