cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Issues with using Reconciliation Assistance in BOM Transformer with multiple equivalence links

RB_10278177
5-Regular Member

Issues with using Reconciliation Assistance in BOM Transformer with multiple equivalence links

I am using Windchill MPMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.0.2

Reconciliation assistance didnt give any result but only showed "?" for quantities differences between EBOM and MBOM when tested with multiple equivalence links
5 REPLIES 5
RB_10278177
5-Regular Member
(To:RB_10278177)

Adding more details to my post : I have created multiple equivalence links for a design Part for example created 2 MBOM Parts for 1 EBOM Part to have 1 in BLUE color and 2nd in WHITE color. I have modified the quantities such that in EBOM its 3 for this component and in MBOM for BLUE its 1 and for WHITE its 1 qty hence I am expecting an error that I have not consumed all the qty in my MBOM yet. How can I check that in the BOM transformer. When I tried comparing I get to see some "?" instead of actual values in place of qty

RB_10278177_0-1691011321619.png

RB_10278177_1-1691011465513.png

Hi @RB_10278177 

The system can not recognize what is what.

You should use show occurrences and crate Equivalence usage link

HelesicPetr_0-1691045474585.png

HelesicPetr_1-1691045491715.png

That system needs to know that 3 quantity are split to blue and white for example  1 : 2 

PetrH

RB_10278177
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hello PetrH,

Thank you very much for your response!

I tried creating the links again this time by enabling the occurrences and then copy/pasting some of them as "New Part". But I still got the same issue. (I am not sure whether I did something wrong here)

RB_10278177_0-1691075711089.png

Also, in this case the end customer is NOT using Occurrences : that is why in most or almost all the use cases they will not have occurrences created but they can definitely have multiple qty for components which they would like to split in the MBOM as per color requirements and want to see the comparison in terms of between EBOM and MBOM.

Regards,

Radhika Bhagat

Hi @RB_10278177 

Unfortunately I guess that the Reconciliation assistant just can not solve the value of quantity.

Good thing is that it shows there is some difference in the BOM.

In this point I would open a Case with PTC

PetrH

RB_10278177
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Yes PetrH, I am having trouble working with these specific scenarios where there are "MULTIPLE EQUIVALENCE LINKS". I have also observed that it was showing the qty comparison correctly when I created the first color BLUE(Only 1 equivalence link). But when I added another color WHITE (i.e. generates multiple equivalence links now) it gives the "?" problem. Does not matter whether you use occurrences or not. I will see if PTC helps me with this.

Thank you again for your inputs.

Top Tags