cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Linking reports to WT Parts

PThapar
5-Regular Member

Linking reports to WT Parts

Hi! 

My org is starting to use windchill as a PLM tool and I am storing some FEM and CFD reports as "Reference Document" type on the PLM. 

I want to link this reports to the WT parts that were used in the simulation so that there is easier traceability on what was modeled in the simulation rather than having to open the report and look up information. In my previous experience with a different PLM, we had a section to link a released part with another object through a "references" or "engineering references" section. Is it possible in Windchill to do something similar? To link this reference document to a WT part without creating a new revision of the part? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PThapar
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

Hi!

I played around a bit and was able to figure out what I needed. In Windchill for reference document objects, there is a tab for "Other Related Objects". I was able to link my reference FEA test report to the WT parts via the "Complements Parts" sections. Thank you for your input!

Cheers,

Paarth

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:PThapar)

I believe that the current reference or describe by links are actually stored against the WTPart so it gets iterated when you want to make them. If you need something else, suggest you look into configurable links

PThapar
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

Hi!

I played around a bit and was able to figure out what I needed. In Windchill for reference document objects, there is a tab for "Other Related Objects". I was able to link my reference FEA test report to the WT parts via the "Complements Parts" sections. Thank you for your input!

Cheers,

Paarth

Top Tags