cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Logical Attributes or Alias Attributes

tstacy
1-Newbie

Logical Attributes or Alias Attributes

I'm in the process of upgrading our Windchill 9.1 customizations to Windchill 10.1 and I've run into something that isn't working. It revolves around Logical Attributes. In our V9.1 customization, we have the following entries in our LogicalAttributes.xml file:

<Class name="WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyManaged|com.MyCompany.www.WBS">

<Property>

<LogicalForm>iptName</LogicalForm>

<ExternalForm>MBA|roleAObject@WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyConfigurableLink|com.MyCompany.www.IPTLink~MBA|roleBObject^WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyManaged|com.MyCompany.www.IPT~MBA|name</ExternalForm>

</Property>

<Property>

<LogicalForm>iptReference</LogicalForm>

<ExternalForm>MBA|roleAObject@WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyConfigurableLink|com.MyCompany.www.IPTLink~MBA|roleBObject^WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyManaged|com.MyCompany.www.IPT</ExternalForm>

</Property>

</Class>

The idea is to get the "name" or "reference" of the IPT object that is related to my WBS object via the IPTLink. All of these object types are soft types of our modeled types.

This syntax works just fine in V9.1. However, when I try to use it in V10.1, I get the following error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <wc:COLLECTION xmlns:wc="http://www.ptc.com/infoengine/1.0">

- <exception NAME="exception" TYPE="Exception" STATUS="-1">

<wc:MESSAGE>(com.ptc.core.query.server.impl.implResource/20) com.ptc.core.query.common.QueryException: Invalid soft type: WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyManaged|com.MyCompany.www.WBS~MBA|roleAObject@WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyConfigurableLink|com.MyCompany.www.IPTLink Nested exception is: com.ptc.core.query.common.QueryException: Invalid soft type: WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyManaged|com.MyCompany.www.WBS~MBA|roleAObject@WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyConfigurableLink|com.MyCompany.www.IPTLink; nested exception is: com.ptc.core.command.common.CommandException: (com.ptc.core.query.server.impl.implResource/20) com.ptc.core.query.common.QueryException: Invalid soft type: WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyManaged|com.MyCompany.www.WBS~MBA|roleAObject@WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyConfigurableLink|com.MyCompany.www.IPTLink Nested exception is: com.ptc.core.query.common.QueryException: Invalid soft type: WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyManaged|com.MyCompany.www.WBS~MBA|roleAObject@WCTYPE|com.MyCompany.MyConfigurableLink|com.MyCompany.www.IPTLink</wc:MESSAGE>

- <wc:INSTANCE>

<hierarchy>com.infoengine.util.IEException</hierarchy>

<hierarchy>javax.servlet.jsp.JspException</hierarchy>

<hierarchy>java.lang.Exception</hierarchy>

<hierarchy>java.lang.Throwable</hierarchy>

<hierarchy>java.lang.Object</hierarchy>

</wc:INSTANCE>

</exception>

</wc:COLLECTION>

I was reading in the documentation that using LogicalAttributes.xml is no longer the preferred way and that I should be defining a "alias" attribute on my WBS type. I tried that, but was not successful with the syntax.

Any suggestions as to what my syntax for the LogicalAttributes.xml file should be in Windchill 10.1? What about the mapping syntax for the "alias" attribute?

2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:tstacy)

You might ask over at PTC User, unless you have. I'd try the Windchill Solutions group.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:tstacy)

The syntax for alias attributes is different than for logical attributes. Take a look at https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS131355 and the Alias Attribute Mapping help topic (http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=TypeMgrAttrAliasMap&action=show) for information

Top Tags