cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Master exists more than once

ptc-4550828
4-Participant

Master exists more than once

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.2 and Datecode with CPS 11.2.1.8

Hi,

User not able to promote the object.
Getting the error message as:
Error while trying to promote PDMLink objects : Master exists more than once: XXXXX.asm
There is no WT Part availabel for the assembly.
Could you please help to fix the issues.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Balakrishnan

Here are the errors that I faced
Error while trying to promote PDMLink objects : Master exists more than once: XXXXX.asm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ptc-4550828
4-Participant
(To:Fadel)

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
One of the Assembly instance and related drawing present in level 3 of parent assembly has multiple WT Part connections. The issue got resolved after breaking all the associations.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Are there any customizations around the promotion request in use? This is just CAD data right?

Hi,
Yes, this is only CAD Object. No promotion request is used in this case. Thanks for the followup.

Can you share a screenshot?

Does the assembly contain the same child on two different line items? 

Hi,

One of the Assembly instance and related drawing present in level 3 of parent assembly has multiple WT Part connections. The issue got resolved after removing all of them.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:ptc-4550828)

check if you really have duplicate numbers :

select wtpartnumber, count (wtpartnumber) from wtpartmaster GROUP by wtpartnumber ;

select DOCUMENTNUMBER, count (DOCUMENTNUMBER) from epmdocumentmaster GROUP by DOCUMENTNUMBER ;

Do you have any Drawing  associated with multiple WTParts of referenced 3D models with Content / Calculated associations ?

Fede
ptc-4550828
4-Participant
(To:Fadel)

Hi,

One of the Assembly instance and related drawing present in level 3 of parent assembly has multiple WT Part connections. The issue got resolved after breaking all the associations.

Top Tags