cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

My Master is at Windchill 11 MO20 and replication site is at Windchill 10.2 F00 will Replication work?

rlamkhade
1-Newbie

My Master is at Windchill 11 MO20 and replication site is at Windchill 10.2 F00 will Replication work?

What M and F stands for in MO20 and F00 respectively?

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rlamkhade)

It means someone updated the master (installed a service pack) but didn't update the replica.  PTC recommends having the same versions running at the master and replica sites.  "M" is a maintenance release, similar to a service pack.  "F" is the first public release of that version.  So the release sequence looks like this:

F000

M010

M020

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rlamkhade)

You will need to upgrade your replica server to Windchill 11.0 M020. It will not work with Windchill 10.2 m020!

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Good catch Ben.  I read the original message too fast and didn't notice the 10.2 vs 11.0.  You might be able to get away with different service packs, but definitely not different versions.

Top Tags