cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

New subtypes that i have created in the Type and Attribute Manager are not visible in the Folder contents

skumar-10-11-12
1-Newbie

New subtypes that i have created in the Type and Attribute Manager are not visible in the Folder contents

Hi

I have created subtypes of the Document in the Type and Attribute Manager and accordingly created new OIR as there is different team template for these dcoument types.Now when i am selecting the view in the Folder content as "All" ;the documents of the newly created doctypes are not visible.I can only see the new doctype documents when i select the view as the "Documents" or "Contents" or"Last Modified".

Do we have to register the new subtypes in any propery file?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Regards

Samresh

10 REPLIES 10

Samresh

Did you try editing the "ALL" table display setting. I had experiences in the past with this. The "ALL" view actually filtered out some types, and I had to edit the view as admin..

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc101_hc/index.jspx?id=UserSetupTableViewNew&action=show

Darren

Hi,

Darrens suggestion is likely the issue you are seeing. There should not be any registering required.

Thanks,

Jarrett

Thanks Jarrett for your reply.

Kindly refer to my reply to Darren and let me know if you give some valuable inputs on this one.

Regards

Samresh

Thanks Darren for replying to my query.

I am currently working on Windchill 9.1 M060 and I have tried customizing the ALL view by checking all the new subtypes that are created by me but unfortunatlety when i am saving the settings made,It is again showing showing me same old doctypes but not the new ones.I am not sure where exactly the change need to be made so that all the new subtypes can be visible in the ALL view.

Regards

Samresh

I would try creating a new table display view from scratch.

Are you sure objects of these types exist in the folder? How do you know they are they? Try a search to confirm location.

Can admin see the items in folder, if so then view OK and ACL needs adjustment. Ensure viewer has read permission at least on the object type and their is no deny permission taking precedent.

Yes Darren,I am able to see the documents of those newly created document types in the same folder when I am changing the view as "Documents" or "Contents" instead of "All".I think there is some issue with the "ALL" view as it is not showing the All the document types in the folder.

Also ,i would like to tell you that in Our Organisation ,we maintain five Products and these newly created document types are only specific to three product types so Deny ACL has been created in the Other two Product types and New Document type is not visible in those Products for Pseudo Role All.

Is there something gotta do with the ACL?

Regards

Samresh

Samresh, if you can see the documents as admin, but not as normal user then the problem is with ACL not the table display view.

Where did you create the Deny permissions? If it was in org default or org PDM domain (or higher) then it will block access to all products. If this is the case, then remove the permission and recreate it in the default domain of each product where you wish it to take effect.

If you can see the Documents using one view, but not another view then this is most likely not ACL-related.

Are your changes to the All view being saved when you update it?

If you create a new view from scratch (or as a Save As of the All and then modified) does it work? You can make the new view available to all users for use when you create the view as an admin.

Thanks Lori for taking out time and replying to my query.

Yes, I am able to see these documents when i am changing the view as 'documents' or 'contents' but not in case "All".

Also ,when i am trying to customize the All view and checking all the document types ,the modifications are not saving up and it is again showing the same old document types but not the new ones.I have created a Save as view of All by the name "All Objects" and in that i am able to customize and all the document types are visible in this case.I assume there is some issue with the OOTB "All" view but not sure what it is.

can it be related to some databse corruption?

Regards

Samresh

It sounds like the OOTB table view could be corrupted. You could try deleting the all view and letting Windchill recreate it (backup of database tables recommended first):

SQL>create table tableviewdescriptor_bkup as select * from tableviewdescriptor;

SQL>create table activeviewlink_bkup as select * from activeviewlink;

SQL> delete from activeviewlink where ida3a5 in (select ida2a2 from tableviewdescriptor where name='com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.folder.folderResource.ALL_VIEW');

SQL>delete from tableviewdescriptor where name='com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.folder.folderResource.ALL_VIEW';

SQL>commit;

Restart Windchill

Top Tags