cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

PSI Folder deleted

EC_10581209
7-Bedrock

PSI Folder deleted

Hi, 

my PSI Folder got deleted, now i want to install Windchill ProjectLink how can I do that knowing that my PSI folder is deleted

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would contact PTC Tech Support for this case. I did not find a documented procedure in the knowledge base. In either case, you need to beef up your backup and recovering procedures since this folder should not have been deleted and unrecoverable.  Before attempting to install ProjectLink, I would ensure that PSI is fully recovered and you have a proper backup process in place for both Windchill install and the DB.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I would contact PTC Tech Support for this case. I did not find a documented procedure in the knowledge base. In either case, you need to beef up your backup and recovering procedures since this folder should not have been deleted and unrecoverable.  Before attempting to install ProjectLink, I would ensure that PSI is fully recovered and you have a proper backup process in place for both Windchill install and the DB.

I agree with @avillanueva - You may end up having to install an exact copy of Windchill features on another server and use those PSI folders/files (with some massaging) PTC should be able to help you.

You can install Windchill the same way you did originally (if you know what that is) in a different location with a different dB. Then copy that installations PSI and edit the property files under the copied PSI to match your original installation.

Top Tags