cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Part and Assembly drawings, Title block material.

dpasholk
7-Bedrock

I’d like to have one drawing format for both part drawings and assembly drawings. Drawing size formats, B, C, D, E inclusive. In the title block, of a part drawing, there is a table cell with “&PTC_MATERIAL_NAME”. When the part is assigned a material, this cell automatically gets filled in with the material name.

In the assembly drawing the BOM table, material column has “&asm.mbr.ptc_material.PTC_MATERIAL_NAME” as the repeat region and works correctly by assigning the proper material from the part. This leaves the title block material cell blank, as assemblies do not recognize the “&PTC_MATERIAL_NAME”, in the assembly parameters. I would like the title block material cell to be fill in automatically with, ‘SEE PARTS LIST”.  And still work for parts. Then also for sub-assemblies to display “SEE PARTS LIST”.

Your help is most welcome.

Dan Pasholk

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dpasholk)

Dan Pasholk‌, use a single cell repeat region with relations.  You can easily construct the repeat region relations to display "SEE PARTS LIST" when the PTC_MATERIAL_NAME parameter is empty (or doesn't exist).

See this discussion for how to create the region:  Re: Creating a note that fills in model parameters automatically

See this discussion for an example of repeat region relations:  Re: Help with coding inside a bom table

dpasholk
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

Success!!

if asm_mbr_type == 'PART'

my_matl = asm_mbr_ptc_material_ptc_material_description

else

my_matl = 'SEE PARTS LIST'

endif

But I had to use single quotes to pass verified. I do not get that. Only took a day to find that out!

Top Tags