cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Plan Activities

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Plan Activities

Hi Guys,

I want know what is difference between of Project Plan and Product context Plan, Where we can use this two things.

Regards,

Aj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Amirtharaj_K)

project belong under projectlink , while products are more pdmlink .

The main reason for using projectlink is opening collaboration to external user  to work on data created in PDMLink (product/library ) and shared to a project .

Fede

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Amirtharaj_K)

project belong under projectlink , while products are more pdmlink .

The main reason for using projectlink is opening collaboration to external user  to work on data created in PDMLink (product/library ) and shared to a project .

Fede

Hi,

Apart from what Fadel has mentioned, the capability of the "Plan" itself is same in both a Plan under Project context and the plan under Product context.

Depending upon the use case, companies use the Project., 

1. Internal Project , that involves design of development of new modules for a main Product.

This involves the scenario of what Fadel described, unlocking the power of collaboration with teams outside the company

2. Pure external project that will be submitted to internal co-ordinator , then it will be approved and brought into the main stream (PDMLink)

The one key capability of Project context is that it allows you to do Design exploration by a team outside the main Product Line environment . Think of it of a Design and Development Sandbox, delinked from PDMLink, yet reuse things from PDMLink.

Top Tags